The Big Lunch is asking people of all ages across Northern Ireland to consider what community means to you.
Get creative with your thoughts and ideas, all shortlisted entries will be shared on social media and made into bunting to be used at community events across Northern Ireland. Winners in each category will receive £25 worth of vouchers and the overall winner receives a voucher of choice for £100.
Winners will be chosen by Irish story teller, Liz Weir MBE, and our Northern Ireland team members, Grainne McCloskey and Niamh Scullion. Judges’ decision is final.
About The Big Lunch
The Big Lunch brings people together to meet, greet, share, swap, sing, play and laugh for no reason other than that we all need to.
This initiative from the Eden Project and National Lottery connects people and encourages friendlier, safer neighbourhoods where people start to share more — from conversations and ideas, to skills and resources.
Get your FREE PACK and take part this year at home, at school, in a group – anywhere you can get together locally.
To enter the competition
- Your entry must be all your own work, it can be art, poetry, or mixed format and should convey what community means to you
- Entries must be no larger than A5 Landscape
- Schools and groups please send multiple entries in one envelope/email. If you email please send a downloadable file which we will confirm receipt of.
- Each entry should be clearly marked on its reverse side with the entrant’s name, category entered, teacher’s name (if appropriate), name, address and telephone number of school or community group. Such information will only be used for the purposes of the competition
- Closing date is 7pm 6 May and judges decision is final
How to submit your entry
Submit your entry by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Grainne McCloskey The Big Lunch Competition
C/o National Lottery Communities Fund,
1 Cromac Quay Belfast, BT7 2JD
Please include your age category:
- Under 8
Please include the following information:
- Address (including postcode)
- Contact number
If you are under 18 provide parents name and signature of consent.
*Please read our Terms and Conditions.