Peter's peanut and tomato veggie crowdpleaser
- 1 tub peanut butter (around 300g – 400g, smooth or crunchy)
- 2 tins/jars chopped tomatoes/passata/anything tomato-y
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Plenty of veg of your choice (e.g. 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed; 1 butternut squash, cubed; 2 peppers chopped)
- Salt, pepper, spices (plenty of paprika, a dash of chilli powder and some cumin somewhere in between works well)
Cook the onions in oil in a large pan on a low heat until they soften.
Add the garlic and peppers.
Boil the sweet potato and squash in a separate pan until they soften, then add to the onion.
Add tomato and mix well.
Add the salt, pepper and spices and let it simmer for 15 – 30 minutes.
Add the peanut butter and mix well.
Serve with rice, bread, couscous or whatever takes your fancy.