Coronation Chicken by Heston Blumenthal
- 6 boneless skinless Chicken thighs 500g water
- 50g salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed) 1 lemon
- 20g raisins
- 20g sweet wine or cider
For the Curry Mayonnaise:
- 150g Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Good Quality Curry Powder
- A good splash of Worcestershire Sauce A small splash of Chardonnay Vinegar 2 tbs Good Quality Mango Chutney
- 1⁄2 tbs Dijon Mustard
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
- Handful of Bombay Mix
- Handful of Smoked Almonds
- 1 tsp of finely chopped coriander.
- PLUS 2 Slices of Grilled Campaillou Bread or just good quality sour dough.
Brine for4 hours, rinse the chicken in cold water for 1 hour, changing the water a few times.
Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Fold the chicken through the mayonnaise mixture to coat evenly and season with salt and pepper to taste.