Kwoklyn’s Satay Chicken Udon Noodles
Add a sprinkle of crushed salted peanuts just before serving to add a lovely crunch.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 white onion, cut into strips
- 1 green (bell) pepper, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp satay dipping sauce (or use 2–3 tbsp satay paste, to taste)
- 300g (10oz) straight-to-wok udon noodles
- tbsp oil (vegetable, groundnut or coconut)
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of white pepper
Heat a large non-stick wok over a medium-high heat and add the oil.
Add the chicken and allow to brown on one side, then stir in the onion and green pepper for 1–2 minutes to soften.
Season with the salt and pepper, then stir in the satay dipping sauce, along with 250ml (1 cup) water.
Once all of the ingredients are well combined in the satay sauce, add the udon noodles and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to separate the noodles. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked – no pink meat.
That’s it! Your satay chicken udon noodles are best served immediately, sprinkle some crushed peanuts for extra crunch.
Thanks to Kwoklyn for this recipe!