Big numbers for the 2022 Big Jubilee Lunch Weekend!
2022 was a BIG Big Lunch! We celebrated the Jubilee and a whopping 17.2 million of you took part! Here's just a small selection of some of our favourite Big Lunch and Big Jubilee Lunch moments from each of the nations!
You can also download our thank you cards (in English and Welsh) to show your neighbours some Big Lunch appreciation!
Big numbers for The Big Lunch:
- Longest Big Jubilee Lunch: 800 metre picnic table, the Long Walk, Windsor Castle. The Earl and Countess of Wessex joined thousands at a bring-your-own Big Jubilee Lunch
- Close second: Morecombe Bay, 5,000 people at 2,500 feet of seafront tables
- Biggest Big Lunch: 10,000 people came together at a massive multicultural celebration in Preston
- In London, HRH The Prince of Wales and HRH The Duchess of Cornwall joined a special Big Jubilee Lunch for 400 guests at the iconic Oval cricket ground
- Most westerly event: a huge picnic at Enniskillen Castle, Northern Ireland
- Furthest Northern point: The Shetland Isles, where the whole community came together for an intergenerational Big Jubilee Lunch
- In Wales, events big and small took place from Criccieth to Cowbridge, Llanharry to Llanidloes!
In Llandrindod, Wales, the whole street got involved with a Big Lunch, check out the view from above!
And the party spirit was very much in top-gear, look at some of the smiling faces enjoying all the day had to offer!
And the sun shined in the north, with Scotland enjoying some gorgeous weather across the weekend! With fresh air and sun a-plenty, check out some of the festivities enjoyed by some of the communities in Starbank Park and Torry.
The Irish truly partied in style! We tried our very best to keep up with them… look at the merriments had by all across Ardcarn, Downpatrick, Killyleagh, Kilmaine Avenue, Lurgan and more!
Last but not least, we’ve got plenty of snaps to share from England, with street parties held in all corners of the nation! Pictured here are some of the celebrations from The Oval Cricket Ground, Northampton, Shirehampton, Wigton, East London, Morecombe and Windsor Castle.
POW and DOC at The Big Jubilee Lunch Oval.png
Photo Credit: PA Media
Photo Credit: Dave Nelson
More like this
Apex Lifts bring colleagues together with a Coronation Big Lunch
Apex Lifts, London’s largest independent lift manufacturing and servicing company, hosted a Coronation Big Lunch to celebrate their Planet Mark accreditation.
Belfast City Council
Keen to help communities make a difference where they live, Belfast City Council have made it easier for their residents to hold a Big…
Celebrating volunteers at The Big Lunch
Cardiff Salad Garden, a Community Interest Company (CIC) combining growing organic, fresh salad with working with disadvantaged people, were keen to organise a Big…
Hungry for more?
Sign up to our newsletter for a monthly dose of fun ideas, handy information and inspiring good news stories.