Big numbers for The Big Lunch
- Longest Big Jubilee Lunch: 800 metre picnic table, the Long Walk, Windsor Castle. The Earl and Countess of Wessex joined thousands at a bring-your-own Big Jubilee Lunch
- Close second: Morecombe Bay, 5,000 people at 2,500 feet of seafront tables
- Biggest Big Lunch: 10,000 people came together at a massive multicultural celebration in Preston
- In London, HRH The Prince of Wales and HRH The Duchess of Cornwall joined a special Big Jubilee Lunch for 400 guests at the iconic Oval cricket ground
- Most westerly event: a huge picnic at Enniskillen Castle, Northern Ireland
- Most northern event: The Shetland Isles, where the whole community came together for an intergenerational Big Jubilee Lunch
- In Wales, events big and small took place from Criccieth to Cowbridge, Llanharry to Llanidloes!
In Llandrindod, Wales, the whole street got involved with a Big Lunch, check out the view from above!
And the sun shined in the north, with Scotland enjoying some gorgeous weather across the weekend! With fresh air and sun a-plenty, check out some of the festivities enjoyed by some of the communities in Starbank Park and Torry.
The Irish truly partied in style! We tried our very best to keep up with them… look at the merriments had by all across Ardcarn, Downpatrick, Killyleagh, Kilmaine Avenue, Lurgan and more!
Last but not least, we’ve got plenty of snaps to share from England, with street parties held in all corners of the nation! Pictured here are some of the celebrations from The Oval Cricket Ground, Northampton, Shirehampton, Wigton, East London, Morecombe and Windsor Castle.
Celebrating communities at the Big Jubilee Lunch
Sonia Hearld’s community journey started in 2009 when she and her neighbours joined forces to campaign against increasing volumes and speed of traffic through…
Thank you, from the late Queen Elizabeth II
Eden Project Communities shares the profound sadness of the nation, the Commonwealth and the wider world following the passing of Her Majesty The Queen.…