We know that The Big Lunch offers a great opportunity to pause and celebrate connections - existing and new - so we're inviting all faith and Interfaith groups to get involved and be part of The Big Lunch 2022.
This year, The Big Jubilee Lunch is part of the official celebrations for HM The Queen's Platinum Jubilee, 2-5 June 2022, and The Big Lunch will once again kick off a whole Month of Community. Giving you a whole summer to take part!
How can faith and Interfaith groups get involved?
1. Host an event – why not hold a Big Lunch or Big Jubilee Lunch on a date to suit your congregation and community? It could tie in with your usual Service, be a standalone event or part of your planned Jubilee activities. Sign up for a free Pack and get involved!
2. Make it a fundraiser – In 2021, £7.4million was raised at Big Lunch events, the majority of which (77%) is for local charities or causes, staying with those who need it. Take a look at these Fundraising Ideas and use our Editable Posters to help spread the word
3. Say Thank You – we’re working with Thank You Day to encourage faith groups and communities to hold a Big Jubilee Lunch to show recognition for one another on Sunday 5th June. Who might you thank at your event?
4. Spread the word – faith groups can help publicise The Big Lunch, The Big Jubilee Lunch and Month of Community, so please use our Communications Toolkit to encourage others to hold local events through your newsletter, website and social media channels
5. Join in with a local event/s – you don’t have to host an event to take part. Take a look at The Big Lunch Map to see what’s happening near you, and perhaps you can become part of events planned locally.
If you are organising a Faith-based event, we’d love to hear about it, so please get in touch and remember to take lots of photos on the day too!
Making it easy to spread the word about The Big Lunch to your congregation and communities