Who is Community Camp for?
Our next Community Camp in October will be most suitable for those who are interested in, or new to, community action. This may be those who:
- are just starting out on their journey, and want to learn more with others.
- are interested in becoming more active in their community but aren't sure where to start.
- were involved with mutual aid groups or helping neighbours and those in their community during Covid-19 and are interested in staying active.
- who find that they have a little more time to get involved in their community now due to a change with their education or employment and others who dipped their toe into the community space during Covid-19 and are keen to do more.
If you're not sure or if you have any questions, please get in touch with one of our team of Community Network Developers for a chat.
What to expect from Community Camp?
Our next Community Camp will run online on the 1 & 2 October. This will be a new, concise version of Camp to make it possible for different people to take part. The Community Camp will include:
- Networking: An opportunity to meet like-minded people, establish new useful connections and get a different perspective on things.
- Practical resources: We'll send you useful materials, tailored to enable you to make the most of this virtual learning experience.
- Inspiring talks: The chance to hear from a range of inspiring and passionate speakers, including previous camp participants, on a range of community topics.
- Ideas: Gain ideas for small steps you can use in your community. Have the chance to discover, or shape your own idea towards positive action.
- Next steps: The camp will touch on lots of useful subjects, but we’ll provide you with suggestions and links for further reading, or viewing to help you learn more as you continue on your journey. You’ll also become part of our network of brilliant people where you’ll be invited to regional events, online sessions and be able to learn, share and be supported by likeminded peers.
A little extra info
Community Camps are specifically for the benefit of voluntary community members, and unfortunately we're unable to allocate funded places to people who are applying as part of a paid community role, or those who have attended a camp at Eden or online before.
As part of our funding requirements, we need to follow up with everyone to find out how they're getting on after Camp, what they've been up to and what it is they're doing in their communities.
We may invite you to attend online (and some regional events when circumstances allow), share useful campaign and marketing materials, and to complete surveys to help us improve. Please get in touch if you have any further questions and a member of the team will be able to help.