Make your own festive crackers
DIY crackers are easy to make with bits and pieces from around the home and you can customise them however you like. They're a great free Christmas activity for kids!
Get creative with what you put inside. Write a festive joke for people to share – they’re great for starting conversations or include something more personal, perhaps a favourite or funny memory. Maybe you want to randomly assign challenges, like having to sneak an odd word in a conversation, or use them to help people get to know one another better – can you find someone who doesn’t like mince pies?
It's a perfect fun festive craft that’ll add a little extra to your Big Lunch table!
What you'll need
- Our festive cracker template
- A piece of card
- Pens or pencils for colouring
- Craft knife, cutting mat and ruler, if you have them
- Small cardboard tube – a toilet roll from your recycling is perfect!
- Glue stick or sticky tape
- Ribbon, wool or string
- Anything you’d like to put inside!
- Cracker snaps (optional)
- Tissue or shredded paper (optional) – if you don’t want any rattling
A homemade cracker also makes a lovely gift. Spread some cheer and leave on doorsteps, desks or under the tree!