Manon's strawberry French cake
Manon Lagreve has shared her delicious recipe for her strawberry French cake. Perfect for a Big Lunch!
Manon will be making this for her cookalong on Saturday 6 June, so why not join our Watch Party on Facebook - @edencommunities. Take a look at our online programme for The Big Lunch weekend and join in here.
- 115g butter, room temperature
- 250g granulated sugar
- 1tsp vanilla paste or essence
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 160g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 60g soured cream
- 200g strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the 2 eggs separately. Then add the vanilla paste or essence and the salt.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder and add to the mix. FInish by incorporating the soured cream.
4. Butter and flour your tin, spread the mixture and cover with diced strawberries.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.