Magic Chocolate Wands by Tilly Ramsay
"These are made with a super simple bread dough that has only four basic ingredients – yeast, water, sugar and flour (the orange zest isn’t essential but is really nice with the chocolate). So easy it’s magic!"
For the wands:
- 1 x 7g sachet of dried yeast
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 110ml warm water
- 1 large orange
- 250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Vegetable or sunflower oil, for greasing the bowl
For the chocolate coating:
- 200g milk chocolate
- 70g white chocolate
- Selection of sprinkles in different colours and shapes, to serve
Special kit list:
- Stand mixer with a dough hook fitted (not totally essential but will make things much easier!)
- A heatproof bowl that fits over a saucepan
Mix them together a bit with a spoon then leave it alone for about 5 minutes, until the yeast begins to bubble. This is how you know that it is beginning to work.
If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can do this by hand – it’s a good work out!
The dough needs to prove for 30 to 45 minutes until it has doubled in size.
Knock back the dough and turn it out on to the floury surface then knead it by hand for a few minutes.
Many thanks again to Tilly Ramsay for sharing this delicious recipe!
Recipe extracted from Tilly’s Kitchen Takeover by Tilly Ramsay, published by Hodder & Stoughton.