Community Camp is an immersive learning experience, offering a mix of practical activities, workshop sessions and networking opportunities for people from across the UK.
Our Community Camps take place either face-to-face at the Eden Project in Cornwall or online and dates for 2022 and 2023 have been announced!
Community Camps Dates and Times
We have four Community Camps coming up between now and March 2023, two of these are face-to-face camps at the Eden Project in Cornwall, and two of them will take place online:
- Face-to-Face Eden Project Community Camp: Friday 30th September – Monday 3rd October 2022
- Online Community Camp: Monday 7th, Thursday 10th, Monday 14th, Thursday 17th and Monday 21st November 2022 (all sessions 6.30 – 9pm)
- Online Community Camp: Monday 30th January, Thursday 2nd February, Monday 6th, Thursday 9th and Monday 13th February 2023 (all sessions 6.30 – 9pm)
- Face-to-Face Eden Project Community Camp: Friday 17th – Monday 20th March 2023
How It Works
- Our online Community Camps are held on Zoom from the comfort of your own home. We aim for more than just your usual online workshops, we will bring our unique Community Camp experience straight to you.
- There'll be space to connect with other Camp participants, practical sessions to engage with from your own community or home, and we'll send you a resource pack too.
- Our face-to-face Community Camps are held at the Eden Project in Cornwall over the course of a weekend. Travel and accommodation is funded, sessions will be held at various locations, and you will be able to meet and chat to other Camp participants throughout your time there.
- We are committed to being inclusive so please talk to us about any additional requirements you may have and we will do our best to support you.
Don't just take our word for it...
Take a look at our recent Facebook Live Stream Interview with previous Camp participant, Saffi to hear how the experience has benefited her, and her community.
99% of the 2020 participants rated the programme either excellent or good overall, and 97% would recommend virtual Community Camp to others. Here's what some had to say...
"There was so much content, resource, speakers but delivered in a way that felt comfortable and welcoming. It felt like a safe space to be open and learn."
"I think the camp would benefit so many people and not just those who are engaged in the community or looking to engage others - there were useful things for everybody, especially at a time when we need to be coming together and looking forwards after what has been an awful year."
"It has been a very rewarding experience, I have learnt a lot, met a lot of inspiring people and now feel more prepared, confident and motivated to make projects happen in my community. Thank you!" ...2020 virtual Community Camp participants
Camp is for people with an interest in community and action at various stages. Find out what to expect from Community Camp.
If you're thinking about Community Camp, you might also be interested in The Network. It's for anyone who is interested in, or already, making positive changes in their communities.
Join us for this Facebook livestream on Thursday 4 August from 12-12:30pm when we’ll be hearing from a previous participant about their experience at our Community Camp at the Eden Project and the great stuff they have made happen in their local community as a result of the experience they gained.