With 7.29 million people taking part in Big Lunches across the UK last year, there is a good chance a Big Lunch will be happening somewhere very near you!
With so many of you getting involved in Big Lunches of all shapes and sizes, it’s not easy to keep a list of every Big Lunch in the UK. So if you’d like to join in the fun this June, we’ve put together a guide on how to find out about Big Lunches in your area:
- If you’re holding a Big Lunch, register on our website! The only way we know you’re holding a Big Lunch is if you let us know. Tweet us, post on Facebook and register on our website to tell us what you’re doing and to spread the word about your event.
- Follow us on social media. We’re on Twitter and Facebook and we’ll be sharing information on Big Lunches all over the country.
- Search online. HeyEvent and Eventbrite are great platforms to search for ‘The Big Lunch’ or a ‘street party’ in your area.
- Ask your local council or housing association. The council, who deal with road closures, may be involved in or aware of local public events and could point you in the right direction.
- Keep an eye out. Look out for our Big Lunch posters in streets near you and in your local residents’ magazine.
- Ask your neighbours. The Big Lunch is great opportunity to knock on your neighbour’s door and see if they might be interested in going to an event, or even getting together yourselves.
And if you still can’t find one, why not hold your own Big Lunch? This year, The Big Lunch forms part of The Great Get-Together weekend, so be sure to keep an eye out for events celebrating community over 17-18 June!
It doesn't matter how big the event is as long as it gets at least one person out of their home to enjoy themselves and meet a neighbour.
Gale - Wattstown, Wales