Join us from 17 – 20 March 2017
Applications are open for our three day Community Camp in Cornwall, offering a mixture of practical activities, workshop sessions and networking opportunities for volunteers and community activists interested in connecting people in their communities through groups, activities and projects.
Do you have a community group, initiative, or yet-to-be-put-into-action-idea to bring people together, help tackle an issue or solve a need for local people? This could be the camp for you!
Each of our events is unique, as we like to make them as relevant as possible to the people coming, and many feature seasonal activities. Places for successful applicants are funded, so travel and accommodation is provided with the camp experience. A typical event includes:
- Focused workshops: select from a menu of different speakers and subjects to tailor your experience.
- Practical activities: muck in with some hands-on fun: in the kitchen, at the crafts table, in the garden or wandering through Eden Project's biomes.
- Networking: an opportunity to meet like-minded people, establish new useful connections and get a different perspective on things — whether it's through one of our workshops or over a cuppa.
- Practical resources: you’ll come away with a set of useful materials that will help support you once you’re back in your community.
- Social activities: there’ll be plenty of chances to enjoy a delicious meal and chat with others in the same boat. During your free time you can also explore the Eden site in all its wonder.
- On-site accommodation: many of our participants get the chance to stay in the innovative accommodation on our site — made from shipping containers — and all will have accommodation within 15 minutes of Eden.
- Delicious food: All meals will be provided during your residential stay.
Our March Community Camp is for you if you:
- Have recently set up (or plan to set up) a community project (in a volunteer/unpaid capacity rather than as an employee or business owner)
- Dedicate your time as a volunteer or a founder of a community group which is improving the lives of the people around you
- Are at a crossroads with your idea or community project, don't know where to take your project next or how to go about it
- Learn best through practical workshops, hearing other people’s stories and are willing to share yours
- Are available and happy to travel to Eden between 17 – 20 March 2017
If you are successful in your application you will:
- Be awarded a grant-paid place covering the costs of your travel and accommodation to join us at the Eden Project
- Be given the time and space to reflect and share your ideas so you go back home reenergised with a greater sense of confidence
- Join a 1,000 strong network of like-minded community activists from across the UK that you can share ideas and knowledge with online, and in person at our regional events
- Have a dedicated Community Network Developer from the Eden Project Communities team who will be a point of contact to signpost you to peers and partner organisations
Get in touch
If you'd like to speak with someone about your application or check whether this is the right experience for you, please get in touch with the contact in your region:
- Northern Ireland: Niamh - email@example.com
- Scotland: Derek: - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wales: Samantha - email@example.com
- North England: Kathryn - firstname.lastname@example.org
- London and South of England: Jeni - email@example.com
- Midlands and East of England: Diana - firstname.lastname@example.org
I was surrounded by people who shared that ‘fire in your belly’ feeling. It was a hive of positivity, of people who were willing to be open and share knowledge just because they wanted to help! Read Kathryn's Community Camp story.